Position: Experienced Barista
Locations: Various (Shoreditch, Camden, London Bridge, West End)
Reports to: Cafe Manager
About Blue Tiger
Blue Tiger believes in providing our clients with the same quality and experience you would expect in any leading specialty coffee shop. We are committed to our role as a leader in the in specialty coffee within offices and our mission of bringing the finest third wave coffees and hospitality experience to leading offices across the world. We currently operate in 13 cities across 4 countries and are quickly establishing ourselves in the London coffee scene with 5 new locations opened in the last 8 months.
We work exclusively with leading roaster’s, producers and brands from the UK including Ozone, Workshop, Caravan, Assembly, Square Mile, Assembly, La Marzocco, Mazzer, Victoria Andruino, Joe’s Tea, Mork, Sandows, The Estate Dairy and many more.
We’re looking for someone who
- is a skilled barista who has experience in dialling in multiple coffees and operating a range of different equipment
- has knowledge of and experience using multiple brewing methods
- is able to promote quality, standards and manage work flow in a fast-paced environment
- has strong front of house skills and the confidence to interact with all of our customers
- enjoy being part of a strong and ever growing team
- Have developed front of house skills and an engaging personality
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Be able to legally work in the UK
We are looking for people that are able to grow with the business and pursue a career within the industry.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the coffee service behind our bars, championing quality and service
- Monitor and QC coffee throughout the day to ensure our high standards are met daily
- Encourage and train other team members in the basic theory and skill set of speciality coffee during quieter periods
- Manage daily brewing recipes, manage and rotate coffee stock and liaise with site lead and cafe manager.
- Host manual brewing classes, cuppings and espresso demos with our customers (training will be provided)
- Provide F.O.H support at each location
What we offer:
- A competitive start rate of £9.75 per hour
- Full-Time position offering between 35 and 40 hours per week
- No weekend or evening shifts
- Industry leading training and continued personal development including an in-house training programme, training and cupping sessions with our roasters and potentially SCA training for the right candidate.
If this role is what you’re looking for then please send us your CV and a brief covering letter telling us a little about you and your ambition to pursue a career in specialty coffee.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this page.