We’re a fast moving start-up, busy working on our first site in Stoke Newington ahead of launch in September. With investment & ambitious expansion plans to open up other spaces across the city over the next 12 months, it’s a great time to be joining the N Family.
If you’re excited about helping us build it - we’d love to hear from you.
About the role
The N Cafe is right at the heart of our Club, serving up fresh & nutritious food for our 90 nursery children in the week and a top-class brunch & supper service at the weekend. We want to create an uplifting, one-of-a-kind experience for all our customers – both big and small – and are looking for a friendly Barista / Kitchen Assistant to support our in-house Chef & make the best coffees in town!
At N, we’re lucky enough to be building everything from scratch. Our brand-new Cafe will be fitted with all-new facilities and a sizable commercial kitchen. Responsible for FOH & coffee service on premises, you’ll be working closely with our Chef & General Manager to see that we deliver the highest quality service to all of our customers.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic & well-organised coffee fanatic who is keen to be part of a talented team.
What you will be doing:
- Focussed on serving Front of House & coffee to our cafe customers from 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday (with breaks).
- Working alongside the Chef to deliver meals to our 90 nursery children
- Delivering best-in-class customer service and maintaining a positive rapport with children & parents.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- When our Family Club opens in November, the role may evolve to 7-day scheduling with responsibilities for delivering our top-class weekend Cafe service.
- Passionate and positive (always see the glass half full)
- Efficient, clean & able to multi-task
- Driven by a ‘make it happen’ attitude
- A love for customer service (making people happy)
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and solution driven approach to problems
- Coffee-making experience is preferred, though you will train with our coffee roasters
- An interest in good quality coffee is essential
- Able to work quickly & effectively during busy service times.
- Relevant experience in a cafe environment
We have a fantastic work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, growth and autonomy. Benefits include;
- Market leading salary
- An opportunity to grow within the hospitality and service industry.
- Real career progression, lots of opportunities for career progression as we expand
- Round the world ticket and 3 weeks paid leave after five years
- Access to the N Family Club with onsite fitness (yoga, pilates, cardio) and other member activities
- Bonus & share scheme
- Great team spirit, events and socials